I will be having a solo art show at Cade Gallery in Phoenix, AZ starting on May 6th (Friday). It will start with an opening reception on Friday May 6th from 7-10pm.
Today, the very nice men from the gallery came to Los Angeles to pick up my art work.
I made these two, very large size images of my robot friends Raidein and Great Mazinga. I'm not sure exactly how big these are, but their heads are about human head/Orangutan head sized sized.
Click here to see the work that will be in the show.
722 N 4th St
Or by appt
"It will all be over soon"
I am back to painting again for the first time in many moons. I spent most of last year making my picture book Everybody Dies- A Children's Book for Grown Ups. I finished it in Decmeber, but then in early January I met Jacob the herniated disc (L5) and Jacob makes it hard to paint because I can't sit down for long.
It's been two months since I met Jacob, and I am learning to live with him. He's not a good neighbor though. I started painting again a few days ago since I am getting ready for several art shows.
1. This Saturday I will have a piece in Torrance Museum to benefit the quake.
2. It is the anniversary of the Billy Shire Fine ARts Gallery where I had my first show in 2009. They are doing a show with a piece from all artists who have showed there...the work will be published in a book. So I need to finish a piece for that by March 31.
3. I am applying for a museum show in Hokkaido.
4. I have my first Solo Art show in Los Angeles coming up on June 10th in Chinatown.
5. I have a show at Cade Gallery in Phoenix Arizona on the First Friday in May.
So I have to make peace with Jacob and start painting. I made Fatalistic Chick Today.
This is a companion to the piece below which I did quite a while ago. Click here and scroll down and you can see a little bit about the original piece.
I would like to do one more "It will all be over soon" but I haven't though of it yet. I think the thought is coming soon. Yes